Welcome to I D E A L I S T N E T W O R K's Site
Network of Voluntary Organizations
IDEALIST NETWORK OF NORTH KARNATAKA is a collective of 5 non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community based organizations (CBOs) working in North Karnataka Districts of Karnataka. It was founded in 2008. With an objective and purpose to strengthen the Idealist Network in the districts of noth Karnataka. and Non government efforts in the development process and poverty eradication. Mr. Md.Ayub Khan, a committed social activist, has been providing a leadership to the Network in the capacity of AWWA Charitable Trust, Founder Trustee.
Where we are…….
IDEALIST NETWORK OF NORTH KARNATAKA supports Small Ngo’s groups that advance the human rights of women and girls. We strengthen Ngo's groups based in the Karnataka State by providing. We value local expertise and believe that Ngos themselves know best how to determine their needs and propose solutions for lasting change. The groups we fund address issues that include but are not limited to:
· Building Peace & Ending Gender-Based Violence
- Advancing Health and Sexual & Reproductive Rights
- Expanding Civic & Political Participation
- Ensuring Economic & Environmental Justice
- Increasing Access to Education
- Fostering Social Change Philanthropy
- Right to food/livelihood
· Right to Education
· Right to Human security
· Right to Dignity
- To give food, education, shelter and Health to the children those who are Living in rural and slum areas of towns & villages without parents & Relatives and without proper facilities to lead a life.
- To liberate bondage and child labor who are working in agricultural lands and industries.
- To build a promising future to all the children.
- To build a movement for children and positioning itself as a link between various segments of society.
- Conducts a yearly orientation course for newly NGO representatives.
- Publishes the NGO networking Annual Directory, which lists all associated NGOs.
- Maintains the NGO Resource Center.
- Sends out regular mailings of information materials to member organizations.
- Maintains a video lending library with an extensive collection of films from national and international organizations.
- Collection the activities around the karnatka and managed such issues as development resources center.
- The objectives of NGOs are often misunderstood and there is not enough information available regarding their activities. Therefore, government policies, rules and regulations and programs intended to promote NGOs get affected. To improve the situation, there is need for effective leadership to analyze the existing policies, carry out existing programs and suggest changes for channeling the services of the NGO sector toward national development.
- Ideally, NGOs should be cost efficient, mobilize local people and resources, should be familiar with local communities, should be flexible and have an open and participatory approach for decision-making, effectively mobilize small groups, use innovative motivation skills and utilize volunteer efforts. This would, among other things, help maintain balance of power between the state and the people.
- NGOs need to empower the poor without being politically aligned .By attempting to raise the awareness level of the rural poor and make them build their organizational capacity to solve their problems, NGOs may indeed be performing a justifiable political act. This is one of the foremost requirements for cultivating a democratic culture in any nation.
- Makes available to the organizations the services of different types of development experts.
- Conducts monthly and annual networking conferences for non-governmental organizations in Karnataka. This forum brings together senior officials, national policy makers, international NGOs, academicians, public opinion makers, journalists and news media to discuss issues of national and international concern
- Organizes monthly briefing sessions for NGOs and the speakers for these briefings are senior experts on the particular issue addressed at the briefing.
- Coordinates joint activities for NGOs
NGO Networking facilitates interaction between experts in different areas and promotes the sharing of ideas and information between the NGOs and the people.
The organization helps NGOs to seek issue-based information in the sectors that they are working in. It helps build the professional capacities of community groups and local NGOs through training. It explores techniques to support community groups and enables NGOs to increase institutional capacities.
• To contribute to responsible management of nature and natural resources. Sustainable tribal and rural development by facilitating the development management trainings to development organisations, individuals, institutions and development network agencies.
· To provide technical and management support and services to development organisations, which are striving to promote endogenous development with the integration of indigenous knowledge, modern knowledge systems and worldviews.
· Strives to increase the capacities of member groups and channel the flow of endogenous development information and expertise between members.
· To provide social technology / consultancy services including training on project planning to project staff, target groups.
· To undertake endogenous development research and expedition assignments, consultancies, experimentations and trainings to NGOs, Government development agencies and funding organizations.
· To also undertake specific bio-cultural and ethnological studies, eco-development and eco-tourism project feasibility studies and also conduct appraisals and evaluations of sustainable eco and watershed development projects, indigenous knowledge related endogenous development projects, herbal health and nutritional projects and livestock management programmes. Specific costs will be charged for each service provided.
· To stimulate discussions, intercultural dialogues, lobbying, workshops, seminars and networking etc., among development communities and farmers at national and international level on endogenous development interaction and natural resources conservation.